Who doesn’t love a Cesar salad? A classic Cesar dressing is made from homemade mayo, anchovies and a few other things. But we decided to do a twist and make it vegan for this Memorial Day. Yes, vegan!
Now before you click to another post here us out. This dressing is seriously tasty and easily holds its up next to traditional Cesar dressings. The cashew butter provides creaminess while the capers add the salty punch generally given by the anchovies. And don’t fret about making croutons from scratch. The prep is under five minutes and you make this for friends they’ll be totally impressed that you went to the “trouble” of making them yourself.
Cesar Salad Ingredients
1 package of mixed greens + ¼ cup of unsalted cashew butter + ¾ cup of water + 2 Tbs of capers (if a little juice gets in its okay) +2 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil + 1 Tsp of apple cider vinegar + ½ Tbs of Dijon mustard + ½ Tsp of minced garlic + 1 Tsp of Briggs liquid amino acids + ¼ cup of nutritional yeast + ½ Tsp of pepper + ½ Tsp of salt
Homemade Crouton Ingredients
1 loaf of day old French or Italian bread + olive oil + Salt + Pepper
1. In a large bowl place greens.
2. Add all remaining ingredients into a blender and mix till smooth.
3. Rip bread into bite sized chunks. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place bread chunks on a baking sheet covered in tin foil in an oven preheated at 400 degrees. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Add dressing and croutons to greens and toss.